Tuesday, July 23, 2024

 All well. The carers have been exchanged. I’m not sure I don’t feel better already. Wendy is better at food.

And I like the way Kamala has taken charge of things, although I remain slightly worried that Mr Obama hasn’t endorsed her. 

I know the relationship with Israel is very difficult for an American administration. My own feeling is that we can’t go on like this, killing Palestians in quantity in Gaza most days  So I was pleased to hear that Harris was going to be out of town while Netanyahu was addressing both houses of congress, and pleased to learn that the Israelis were cross about it.

   Wordle: another five for me. That’s three in a row. No Jean-words today. Two browns and a green from the starters. Three greens (but no more) in line three and four. I think there was another possibility so I was probably lucky to score five.

   Three for Ketki, Alexander, and Thomas. Four for Rachel and Mark. Six for Roger, four for Theo. The latter has now gone off to lend a hand at the Convention. His lips are sealed.




2 comments:

  1. Food! So important! Long may the improvement continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Jean, I heard a fairly long conversation today on NPR in which a Democratic Member of Congress was asked about Obama’s silence; the response was that he (Obama) wanted to leave the field open for the process to include challengers, should any emerge.

    I was lukewarm about Harris leading up to and in 2020. I *wanted* to like her, but couldn’t get excited. The Harris I heard today (excerpts from her speech yesterday at campaign HQ) sounded more confident, more focused, and more (to me) supportable. I’ve already sent a donation and I am feeling MUCH more positive than I did on Monday. (The Other Kristen)

    ReplyDelete