Saturday, July 13, 2024

 I:m having a grand day of Wimbledon. The weather is fine both here and there, but I can’t get out because the current carer doesn’t know how the apparatus for the stairs works.

That much I wrote for you yesterday. Not until substantially later was it known that that tomorrow’s men’s singles final will be between Alcaraz and Djokovic, youth and age. So was it last year, they say. I have no memory of it. I’m for age.

Good news from both princesses. The Princess of Wales will hand out the men’s prizes tomorrow. The winning lady, today, will have to make do with the head of Wimbledon. And the Princess Royal has been to a Riding-for-the-Disabled event, saying she has no memory whatsoever of her accident. 

   Comment Thursday,Kirsten M: it had occurred to me already that we have a part-time queen. I am a great fan of hers. I think she is doing a terrific job of loving and supporting her husband and turning up for the boring things monarchs  must do and promoting interests of her own such as reading.  But, uniquely among senior royals as far as I know, she has humble family of her own and goes off occasionally to spend time with them. She still owns her own house. 

   Wordle: I failed yesterday. Like many of us, I had greens in the second and final positions (both vowels). Unlike anyone else, i kept on guessing wrong.

   Four today. But the NYT was acting up. It wanted me to sign up for a free app but try as I would I couldn’t do it. Eventually it let me in to save my grid. Nobody else seems to have suffered. 

  Mark got it in two, Rachel three. Four for Ketki and Thomas, five for Alexander. No news from DC yet today.









No comments:

Post a Comment