Tuesday, July 16, 2024

 Grey, uninviting — but I don’t think it rained. St Swithen has stood by us that long.

   I’ve been trying to resume knitting that KD KAL shawl, and I’m not at all sure I can do it. What am I to do?  Try again tomorrow and try earlier in the day, would be a good first step. 

   Trump’s choice for VP sounds like a good one, except for having a name that sounds dangerously like a Wordle Special. Especially coming after a previous VP named Pence. I’ve started reading (listening to) his book, which Helen recommends. I was interested to learn that he claims a Scotch-Irish family. That’s what I am on my mother’s side, but James who’s keen on genealogy largely confines himself to Mileses. I can’t take the Scotch-Irish Carrs back much further than 1860 or so.  

   Wordle: we were remarkably uniform today.  Three for Mark, five for Rachel: four for all the rest of us, including the two in DC.i

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Are you on the charted section of Clue 2? I kept making mistakes, even though the chart is fairly simple, so ended up placing markers separating all the repeats. That's a lot of markers, but it cut down considerably on the mistakes. Once you get past the chart, there is a lovely long section of plain garter in one colour!

    ReplyDelete