Wednesday, July 31, 2024

  My sister is the only one who has written to me about Jeremy Bamber. I asked Rachel about her encounter with him in an appeal court, when she thought he was guilty. She thinks we’ll never know.  She doesn’t remember much. A friend of a friend was appearing as a barrister — she doesn’t even remember which side he was on.  But i’d welcome any opinion from anyone who got through this week’s article.

   I do a lot of lying awake at night. Last night I cast my mind to the question of why knitting has been so very dim lately (including nothing today), and i wonder if the answer could be my new upsy-downsy chair. But if so, what can I do about it? I must knit something for the new great-grand child.

    Wordle: five for me. I really thot I was beaten. My starters gave me a green and a brown. A titanic struggle produced a good Jean-word: three greens. More titanic struggling. I was completely resigned to failure, wildly typing in anything that could be pronounced.

   Mostly Wordle saved me from myself, but it allowed MENGE in line four. What does that mean?

      Five for Thomas, Alexander, and Rachel. Four for Ketki and Mark. Five for Roger. Silence from Theo so far.


 



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Commenting on yesterday: I think we all have ups and downs in our interests, even in our most beloved hobbies. I'm sure once you get started, you'll power through.

    Is that the same pattern as the Polliwog?

    Beverly in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started the Bamber article, but I knew nothing of the case before this, so i may not be a good person to comment. Last summer i was in the knitting doldrums and used leftover bits of yarn to make kid-sized mittens to donate. It kept my hands busy, even if my mind was elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar2:59 AM

    There's always the option of a hat. Newborns need hats, and any size will eventually fit. Hats also use up small bits of yarn left from other projects, single keins, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:30 AM

    I have found some chairs aren’t comfortable for knitting. The chair armrests are too close to my elbows, or too high or too low.
    I know nothing about Jeremy Bamber and felt lucky to get 5 in Wordle.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete