Sunday, July 21, 2024

 Another day. Helen has gone off to Strathardle for a week, with two of her boys. I am somewhat anxious. I am meant to have a change of carers on Tuesday. I am not fit to look after myself, even quite briefly.

   Otherwise, there is not much to report. C. came this morning with a nephew and his girlfriend. Helen briefly this afternoon. No news from either. Helen and I had a mildly interesting conversation about how families don’t sit down and eat together any more, at least among us.

   And there are no developments on the American presidential front. Clouds are gathering over the domestic political situation. 

   Wordle: I scraped through with a five. My starters gave me two browns, a vowel and a consonant. A Jean-word in line three was no help at all — except of course for more positions in which the browns couldn’t appear. Line four was a serious guess and yielded three greens.

   I was the last to post, this morning. Nor did anyone else have so much trouble. Three for Ketki and Thomas. Four for Rachel, Alexander and Mark. Brilliance in DC: two for Theo, three for Roger. 

   

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Biden has dropped out. 😥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:48 AM

    Yeah, I was coming here to update on the presidential situation as well. I liked Biden well enough (better than Trump) but am hoping his absence provides a shot in the arm rather than its opposite-- could go either way from my perspective. Assuming Harris ends up the nominee, much will depend upon her choice of VP candidate.

    I only managed a 6 in Wordle today. There were a lot of possibilities, even after I got the 2nd letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 in wordle for me on Sunday.
    Personal opinion here; I worry that 'fundamental Christians' of the 'women should be subject to men persuasion' will find themselves unable to vote for a woman president. I hope they will have an epiphany.

    ReplyDelete