Monday, July 29, 2024

 I have been at work all day reading the New Yorker account of the Bamber case.  Hmmm. It’s very long. I am afraid to leave it for fear I can never find my place again. Jeremy Bamber is not very nice, but that’s not a hanging offence.

   So,  no knitting.

   Helen and her friend came this morning, and we got a bit done.

   Kate Davies has posted another pattern in her Summer of Mystery series. We’ll get a proper essay on More Work for the Undertaker at the weekend. I don’t care for the pattern much. 

   I am greatly encouraged at how well Kamala is doing. 

   Wordle: my familiar pattern again. My starters produced four browns. I’m rotten at anagrams. I settled for a Jean-word, omitting one of the browns but otherwise fine, so I would have new places where the other three  browns could or couldn’t be, and two more consonants eliminated or not. It was useful, as such line threes so often are. I now had three greens, and got it in four.

   Rachel andAlexander both did it in two — distressingly brilliant. Three for Mark, four for Thomas, five for Ketki. Three for Roger, five for Theo.







    


1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying the essays from KD, but haven't really looked at the patterns. Still on Traitor's Purse.

    ReplyDelete