Saturday, July 20, 2024

 Another quiet day. The world seems to have calmed down after yesterday’s exceptional computer outage. Helen was here this morning and we got some tidying done.

   We found the knitting I was doing before I switched to the KD MKAL. I’m much further along than I remembered. Only a sleeve to finish. I need to find the pattern, but I think I can do that. And I think I’ll be able to knit it, once I do. The yarn and the needles are much bigger.

   Helen says she would like a simple, short pullover such as other people’s mothers knit. It would be wicked to buy more yarn.

   A welcome, quiet day on the political front. I continue to follow events in America with obsessive interest. My current carer, who does not read or listen to the news at all, thinks Biden is not strong enough to go on. How does she think she knows? Even odder, a woman who comes most days to read the bible with me — we’re about to finish First Samuel — occasionally tells me that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump. 

   Wordle: my starters gave me three browns and a green. I found a word, not at all likely but qualified, and typed it in. It was right. Three for me.Rachel and Ketki had fours. Three for the rest of the home team.Three for Roger. Four for Theo. 

4 comments:

  1. People would rather believe a conspiracy theory than the truth! Good luck with the knitting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:37 AM

    Maybe make a striped sweater with the yarn you have.
    Fifty seven years after JFK was killed I still don’t believe the official version of his assasination. I don’t think we are always told the truth.
    However, in terms of the lying amoral cult leader running for US president, I think he lost fairly in 2020, and no matter how he twists the truth, he has bullied his way as far as he has.
    As said in the US ‘people have drunk his kool aid’ and follow whatever he says. Go figure……
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interested to know what it is that other people's mothers knit! Personally, I knit for my mum, not the other way around :)

    I'm working on a Fitton's Dynamo, and I think I'll make more from this club. It's fun. Do you have yarn in stash Helen likes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, I burst out laughing at a sweater like other people's mothers knit! Buying more yarn would not be wicked, it would be a gift for Helen who provides so much help and love. She could choose the yarn. (Within reason, of course.) and my quote of the day is from Hannah Arendt - The result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed.

    ReplyDelete