Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Here I am. It has been what passes around here for an exciting day. Clare came early this morning. Mungo came at lunchtime — and cooked lunch. But by then I was hit by a stone wall of weariness and couldn’t eat. I have somewhat recovered after a good nap.  Mungo and his brother Fergus had a good time in Strathardle but came back yesterday (easily done by train once you get to Pitlochry). Helen will be there until the weekend.

 No more American news. Still no sign from Obama. I like Harris’ youthfulness and energy and cheerfulness. I hope the World Service broadcasts Biden’s speech tonight.

   I read a New Yorker story about Charlotte Dujardin before the last Olympics, and as a result watched the dressage with great interest, and rejoiced in her success. This is sad news.

   With the help of this blog and Google, I have discovered that the knitting I hope to return to is not a Kate Davies pattern at all, but one called “Spalding” from the Brooklyn Tweed website. And I have found the pattern in my Ravelry library. Maybe tomorrow I’ll resume knitting it. 

Wordle: four for me today — not the worst in our little group. My starters gave me two greens and two browns. Should be easy. Wasn’t.i used a Jean-word in line three, and now had three greens and a brown, which obviously had to be in the place it was’nt in. I now have a winning streak of five!

   Three for Rachel and Mark. Four for Alexander and Ketki (and me). Five for Thomas. 

   In the USA it was three for Roger in DC and five for Theo from whatever distant clime.

   

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:48 AM

    Glad Mungo could visit! Well maybe you can eat his leftover cooking tomorrow instead - or he can visit and cook again soon.
    Rest up! Hope you have more energy on Thursday.
    Take care
    Lisa R-R

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar4:16 AM

    Congratulations on identifying the pattern!
    Mugo sounds like a good lad.
    Weather in Maryland was quite reasonable today. I sorted a huge stack of old magazines, saved a few items of interest, the rest is in the reycling bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that Obama was waiting to seed if other candidates came forward, not wanting to interfere with an open process.

    ReplyDelete