Tuesday, February 04, 2020


Your Tuesday pictures.

Here’s the Dathan, showing a bit of bind off. I have made progress since then, and have passed the half-way point. I remain confident that Jamieson’s will have the new yarn here by the time I am ready for it. There are a lot of ends to deal with when the bind off is finished.




And then – do I block it, just to smooth it down? Did I do that last time? Obviously it won’t need to be cajoled into a particular shape.

And here’s your Tuesday avocado picture, looking a bit more hopeful. I have turned the whole plant around, wondering whether it would make the effort of leaning back towards the light:



Downloading and printing the Cameron Shawl pattern presented no problems at all. I have studied it fairly thoroughly and am ready to go, although wondering whether I shouldn’t just start the Spring Shawl again.

Non-knit

Thank you for your help with my jigsaw question. “Springbok” sounds right, but their current website doesn’t look as much fun as puzzles used to be. Ravensberger is a bit better, and they seem to be big in the UK. What I can’t know until I try is how to get solid, satisfying American pieces, short of paying big money for wood. And, Shandy, who supplied your Magi?

Tamar, I used to do jigsaw puzzles on-line, but I don’t think it would work for a 1000-piece-er and there’s a certain satisfaction in fitting a piece in manually. A where-things-are file is a brilliant idea. It doesn’t cover the situation where things have been tidied away by the cleaning woman – but that couldn’t have happened to my knitting.

Politics: In my anxious opinion, the Democrats are still a long way from producing a candidate with a real chance of beating Trump. And now they can’t even tell us what happened in the Iowa caucus. What was that about not being able to organise a piss-up in a brewery?

4 comments:

  1. =Tamar8:32 PM

    April 6, 2019 you blocked a Dathan hap on the twin bed, but didn't pin it, just patted it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an older post, but you could look at this Jigsaw Junkies post that describes the quality of some of the puzzle brands as a starting point:
    https://jigsawjunkies.com/puzzle-brand-comparison/


    ReplyDelete
  3. A junior prom committee does a better job at organizing. I think more and more that the only safe and secure means of voting is on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found satisfaction in vintage puzzles from Ebay.

    ReplyDelete