Thursday, August 24, 2023

 And another day. I have suddenly grasped that I have only another fortnight here at Cramond. The Downstairs Lavatory won’t be ready, but with luck Paradox will be in her new home. Oh dear oh dear.

   Not much knitting. I am grateful for your comments and reflections on Auchnaha and currently think I’ll switch to Herne. But with so little time left, maybe the edging will come out more or less even and I can go back to finishing Fergus’ Calcutta Cup sweater. Which I think he has outgrown before it was knit. 

  I had my hair done this morning and it looks nice.

   Wordle: A funny one today. Six for Rachel. Five for Theo, me and Thomas. Four for Ketki. Three for Alexander. Silence so far from Roger and Mark.

   It started, for me, much like yesterday: a green vowel and a brown consonant from the starters. But today my struggle was unsuccessful. I resorted to Jean-words for lines three and four. In both cases, I used a letter which had already been disqualified. But, as often before, those Jean-words moved things forward and made my score of five possible.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Lou8:09 PM

    I had a six yesterday and five today. Not very successful! I do hope that Helen is able to find another plumber, now that there is some knowledge of the problem not being entirely the fault of your unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar4:07 AM

    The sweater will fit someone. It is in the nature of sweaters to move from person to person.

    Much can happen in two weeks. Is there any kind of overall building superintendent or do the various residents just choose up sides and have gladiatorial games to sort things out?

    I hate to say it, but is there a male available to Talk to Plumbers? Ideally, large with a deep voice? It helps get their cooperation sometimes.

    ReplyDelete