Thursday, August 10, 2023

 Things have gone pretty well today, as hoped. I’ve even done some knitting. I’ve lost nearly a week of that with this latest set-back. The hope of having the shawl ready for the birth is more or less gone.

  Trawling Google for my drugs — as everyone must do, these days — I find that the heart one, digoxin, can depress digestion. I ate pretty well today. 

  Helen is safely in Greece, where she is delighted to encounter rain. Everybody else is converging on Edinburgh. I will see most of them tomorrow

  Wordle: Theo and I scored undistinguished fives. Thomas and his parents Alexander and Ketki all got three, as did their aunt and sister Rachel. Silence elsewhere. That is an interesting thought, Mary Lou, that we can blame deficiencies in AI for Wordlebot’s lapses. It did all right by me today, but there was a potential lapse (or contradiction) which I avoided by guessing right for line five.

7 comments:

  1. So happy to see you about again, Jean. Hope your health continues to improve.All the best, Marcella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 PM

    I am also happy to see a message from you!
    So glad you are feeling more yourself. The baby will wait for the shawl so not to worry about finishing in time for the birth. And babies choose when to arrive...
    Please continue to gain strength.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar11:48 PM

    Very glad to hear that you are knitting again. The shawl will be welcome whenever it arrives.

    I wonder if there is some probiotic enzyme or something that could help support your digestion. I've read that the magic words to use with doctors are "it is affecting my quality of life" and also "what is the Plan?" because doctors are supposed to have a Plan for treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou11:21 PM

    All converging on Edinburgh for a big birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your birthday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Enjoy the family birthday celebrations!
    Lisa RR, Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Dear Jean,
    A very, very Happy Birthday to you (tomorrow, I believe)! I hope you’ve been enjoying celebratory visits with your family yesterday and through the weekend. I’m sure you have been well feted!!!
    As a longtime reader (but rare commenter) of your blog I join in celebration and I thank you for the many hours of companionship and pleasure your blog has given me.
    Lynda (in Massachusetts)

    ReplyDelete