Wednesday, August 30, 2023

 Today’s news is that I’ve got a major gas leak at Drummond Place. So I can’t go back there until that problem, at least, is solved, involving  the taking up of floorboards and indeed flagstones. Tradesmen aren’t keen to take it on. Ketki is working on it, and problems that Ketki is working on tend to get solved.

  Poor Helen is ground down. She is going south on Sunday or some such day to visit David’s mother (and hand Paradox over to her new people). Ketki and Alexander are taking over my multiple problems for a week. I think they have power of attorney too. And I’m staying here, embalmed in expensive comfort.

  Wordle: this four-vowel thing is something of a puzzle. 

  I did it in three today, and hoped, until Theo joined me, that I would be the only one. Ketki, Thomas, Roger, and Rachel scored four. Alexander and his great pal Mark needed five. 

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 PM

    I hope Paradox finds happiness in her new home and Ketki gets the Drummond Place gas and water issues sorted or at least good first steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 PM

    I hope with all my heart that the poor kitty is loved there..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:22 AM

      I think we can trust Jean to find a good place for Paradox, she loves her very much herself and I am sure the new family will too. It is very courageous to be proactive and find a new place for a cat where two felines are not compatible.

      Delete
  3. Major gas leak sounds like the gas company should be involved - at least to locate it, and turn off the gas. Hoping that can be resolved quickly. Wishing Paradox a wonderful new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:28 AM

    I am concerned about Helen. Her task has been as you say, grinding, frustrating and seemingly endless. Glad she is taking a break. Alexander and Ketki seem like just the ticket. (Gosh, I feel like I know you all personally!). Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou2:09 PM

    I wonder if the gas leak is connected to the work on the water leak...I'll leave that to the professionals. At least at Cramond you will be spared the banging of workers while things get set right.

    ReplyDelete