Tuesday, August 29, 2023

 I sat out in the sun for a while today. Very nice.

  Otherwise little to report. I got to a physiotherapy class. I’m the feeblest of all.  We threw a ball around and stretched elastic bands. I got there on foot, which was a  mistake. The dining room is the limit of my range these days, and that only if I can break the journey. I’ve been peacefully in bed all afternoon.

  It isn’t often that national news impinges here, but we’ve been right in the thick of the air traffic control problems. We are directly under the flight path into Edinburgh airport. (I had the great pleasure of hearing it referred to as an “aerodrome” yesterday.) Yesterday it was virtually silent. Today they have been hurrying to catch up.

  Poor Helen now has a gas leak to deal with in Drummond Place, as well as Mr. Downstairs and his damp.

  Wordle: you are all more than welcome to my starters, TRAIN and HOUSE. That gives you all five vowels — but don’t forget Y when things get tough — and the first five consonants in the English letter-frequency alphabet (almost the last survival of my Oberlin education). 

  They didn’t serve me very well today. I scored five. The Loch Fyne Mileses dazzled us all with twos for each of them, Alexander, Ketki, and Thomas. Three different starters, too. An astonishing performance. Theo and Mark got three. Rachel and Roger had five, like me.

5 comments:

  1. Mary Lou1:23 AM

    Five for me, as well. So sorry the Drummond Place saga continues. Old homes… I read that Mercury is retrograde, does that explain the mistakes I have ripped out three times in a simple pattern I am rushing to finish on a adeadline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:04 AM

    My husband’s starter word is always today’s word as it has four vowels. So of course he scored a 1 today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pattie in Geneseo NY4:58 AM

    Today my Wordle only had 2 vowels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar10:01 AM

    Go you! That's impressive effort and deserves a rest afterward. That's what I am told builds muscle - push, then rest.
    Poor Helen indeed. Gas frightens me.
    Weather here is still decent, a little sprinkle, but it is probably the northern edge of the hurricane system in Florida. I hope it goes out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pattie in Geneseo NY12:18 PM

    So this morning mt Wordle had 4 vowels, I must be behind!

    ReplyDelete