Monday, August 28, 2023

 No, getting out is still too much for me, but I continue to walk to meals. 

  Helen came this morning, along with a young man who stayed in my house on Drummond Place for a few nights while his play was on at the Festival. He wrote, directed, produced and acted in it. Helen said it was/is good but it hasn’t had any reviews. 

  Helen and I didn’t get any business done, and we must before she sets off to England at the end of the week.

  Her son Fergus was meant to come and see me half an hour ago, with his girlfriend. I must set forth on my pilgrimage to supper any minute now. They will have to trail along behind. I can’t give up my little walk.

  Knitting continues, I’m now three and a half scallops into the final side (of 21 scallops). 

  Wordle: disaster this morning.I did it, as usual, first thing after checking emails, half-asleep, and obviously thinking about clothes. I typed in TOAST instead of TRAIN. Nothing for it but to start again with my starter word, a line having been wasted. I scored four but I feel it was reeeeely three.

  The others were spread about. A brilliant two for Theo. Three for Alexander, Ketki, and Roger. Four for me and Rachel. Five for Thomas and Mark. 

  


3 comments:

  1. Maureentakoma9:35 PM

    I don't usually borrow other folks starting Wordle words but today I used yours and got it in three. Sorry? Or, concur your score should be three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been borrowing your starter words for weeks and also concur: your "real" score today was three, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you changed your starter word? I thought you used 'house'. I took 5 to get yesterday's; I had too many options for words that would fit the letters I got.

    ReplyDelete