Monday, August 21, 2023

 Self-powered for both meals both ways today. The physiotherapist came in the morning and we made a start on stairs. That was less encouraging. She is large and strong and Scandinavian and lifted me past the really difficult part of each step. I’ll have to do better than that.

  Knitting has progressed well. I can see the marker for the third corner dimly on the horizon. 

  That may mean ordering my next knit sooner rather than later, as they say. I like Kate Davies’ Flink. She likes doing yoke sweaters, I like knitting them. But I think a cardigan might be more useful, especially while there is any chance that Cramond is my ultimate fate. So I will probably go for Achnaha, but in a more cheerful colour.

  I’ve been industriously reading Olsson’s “Fair Isle Knitting”. It’s good, on the one hand. I don’t think there’s anything new there for me, on the other. She talks a lot about choosing colours— but Ella Gordon does the same thing on the Jamieson and Smith website, choosing five colours from their range to go with various photographs of Shetland scenery. For free. 

  Much worrying about cats.

  Wordle: I was today’s dunce, with the only five. Mark was the star, with two. I feel that has happened before. Alexander and Roger were the threes. Four (obviously) elsewhere. I got stuck with ????, grn, grn, grn, grn and it took me three guesses. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jean
    My Aunt had friends who lived in a 'double upper' on Buckingham Terrace, the houses on the right on the way into town before the Dean Bridge. When the stairs became too much, they were allowed to install stairlifts all the way from the pavement, up their front street steps and then to the top floor of their flat. Perhaps an outside stairlift could be a way to help with your front steps? Sorry to have rambled on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:19 PM

    I think the fact that you powered yourself to & from both meals bodes well for your ability to master stairs.

    Beverly in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo! A start on stairs! Your determination spurs us all on.
    Will you knit the cardigan in the round and cut a steek?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:24 AM

    Auchnaha is really clever, I admire the cross between a shawl and a cardigan. You have inspired me to put it on my own list.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete