Tuesday, August 22, 2023

 I went to a physiotherapy class  this morning which was excellent, but pretty well flattened me. I’ve been pushed to and fro most meals.

  Edinburgh’s leading plumber has abandoned us, first of all because. their man was shouted at by Mrs Downstairs, but also — when Helen rang up to be ingratiating — because the whole thing is too complicated for them.

What on earth are we to do?

  Knitting has moved forward. I was glad to have your approval on my choice for the future.  “Achnaha” is written for Ooskit, a natural-coloured yarn which comes in three shades: pale grey, grey, and darker grey. However, it measures 240 yards per 100 grams and Schiehallion is 120 yards per 50 grams so I assume they  are interchangeable although I will check that with the shop when ordering.

  One of the few memorable lessons life has taught me is that it is wise to knit with bright colours during the gloomy months upon which we are about to enter, when light declines to virtually nothing. Schiehallion offers a couple of excellent possibilities.

Wordle: I disgraced myself with a six this morning.  Ketki, Mark, Alexander,Thomas and Theo all coasted home with three. Rachel needed four. At least all my entries were real words, possible entries, no Jean-words.







   

3 comments:

  1. Mary Lou10:33 PM

    A cheerful color in the dark months is worth it! I like the look of Auchnaha, but would be afraid that i would spend all my time clutching it together, or having it fall off my shoulders. Wordle in five today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar12:58 AM

    Cheery colors in dim days, yes.
    How annoying of the plumbers. Well, there's always the second best plumber to try.
    Weather pleasant again here in MD, though there are predictions of more excessive heat to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Maybe when you engage Mr. next-best plumber you warn him in advance of Mrs. Downstairs so he will be forearmed thus, hopefully, more impervious to the onslaught. Chloe

    ReplyDelete