Friday, August 18, 2023

 I’m sorry I didn’t post yesterday. There was nothing wrong — I just sort of drifted away. I’ve done a bit better today. Helen came to see me, freshly back from what sounds like a very happy week in Greece. We got caught up on the Downstairs Lavatory and the Kirkmichael driveway and various other problems. Later on I went to my first Cramond event, apart from physiotherapy. We have a considerable program on offer every day.

   Today we were constructing fajitas. We had a little tale about them — they are of fairly recent invention. And then a practical lesson.

  Tomorrow is National Potato Day, according to the program. I think I know all I want to know about potatoes.

  Knitting moves forward too. I’ve turned the second corner, attaching edging to that shawl. Indeed. I began to worry about what would happen if I finished it before it was time to leave here (about another month). Not a serious problem.

   Wordle: The base score was four, including me. No one exceeded it. Ketki and Mark had brilliant twos, Rachel and Theo scored three. That makes it sound easier than I found it.







3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    I agree a out Wordle today. I got it but 2!? That's very good. Glad you're doing well/better and that Helen's home to give them fits about lavatories and accesses. She's a force to be reckoned with.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou1:37 AM

    It took me four today for Wordle. I hate it when the bot says so and so word would have been more efficient ! As if I had any idea what would be efficient. Glad that Helen is back to take charge! (As the take-charge daughter in my family, I sympathize with Helen!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar2:27 AM

    A guessing game that lectures you about efficiency? Sheesh.
    It's good to see you are able to take an interest in the programs. At least they are an excuse to take a walk.
    I think I read somewhere that there are literally dozens of potato types in South America that we never get a sniff of. I've seen ads for blue potatoes, both just-the-skin and blue-all-the-way-through.
    Weather here seems to be turning pleasant - they predicted 68-F tonight! At the same time, the doom-sayers on youtube are predicting monster heat waves. Ho hum. I look out the door to check the weather.

    ReplyDelete