Monday, October 11, 2004

Beginning the Stillwater

I joined a Bloggers' Users' Group on Yahoo yesterday, although I still haven't plucked up courage to ask my question about the disappearing pictures.

Well, I finished the ribbing. Is it too striped? Too light? My stash is in fact somewhat depleted by a decade or so of chipping-away since I last knit a Fair Isle, and what is mostly missing is basic background colours. I could do with some more charcoal grey.

Much of yesterday's knitting time was spent

winding yarn Posted by Hello


and as you see, there's plenty more to do, but I've wound enough to make a start on the colour knitting today. Exciting! Alice Starmore's colourways for her Stillwater cardigan are very cool and quiet, mine distinctly hot and noisy, or Titianesque if you want to be polite. It will be very interesting to see how this works.

I have been surprised, thus far in a brief Blogging career, to discover how much there is to say. I'm afraid we're now about to enter a long boring period.

No comments:

Post a Comment