Sunday, November 28, 2021

 

I’m sorry to have let you down yesterday. Helen and I got all the way around the garden, and it pretty well did for me. In the early evening, it seemed more prudent to get along the passage to bed – it’s quite a long way – than to attempt blog-writing.

 

You can deduce from that. that Helen is safely home. She seems in very good shape. She got to Greece by taking a train to London and then flying to Thessaloniki. There are no direct flights from Edinburgh. I didn’t know how she was planning to return. During Friday’s storm -- it happened all right, after I wrote to you -- the Edinburgh Airport website showed flights landing one after another; no trains were running north of Newcastle. Indeed they still aren’t. Fortunately, she did that lap by air. She says the landing was more than a bit scary.

 

C. came this morning, and the sun was shining. We got no further than the doorstep, however. There was a sprinkling of snow and the possibility of invisible frost, and I am pretty paranoid about falling.

 

No cheetahs to be seen, today or yesterday.

 

Knitting

 

None has been done. I hope to polish off a few stitches at least this evening, watching the Fruity Knitting interview with Kaffe. Tamar, comment Friday, you’re absolutely right that there’s no use worrying about knitting, That’s why I never knit for Christmas – although if I happen to have something ready for someone, they might find it under the tree. I’ve got myself into a bit of a mess, but so what? I wouldn't wish away either the 2021 Calcutta Cup or the new great-grandbaby.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. =Tamar9:13 PM

    Wow! All the way around, and that's a big garden. Getting down the hallway counts as a victory lap.
    You were very wise to avoid any chance of invisible frost (I gather that's what we call black ice). it can be very sneaky, with patches spotted between clear spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:19 PM

    I avoid Christmas knitting as well. Christmas is sneaky, it seems a nice safe time away and then suddenly it's the 23rd, with half a sock and a hat to go!

    Sarah in Somerset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm considering a knitalong through Advent... She says just 8-10 rows of a cowl so that should be possible while watching 'trash tv' (antiques road trip or MasterChef) after supper. It's from buttercup miniatures.co.uk I have no desire to tackle a colour work jumper the size of a penny though, or a lace spread for a doll's bed, but the photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete