Friday, May 19, 2023

A bright day, of uncertain weather. I didn’t go out. I don’t feel entirely well. Perhaps aioli wasn’t such a good idea after all.

 

I have pressed on with the knitting, at least, Two whole rows and a bit. The pattern row was worse than ever – long, long plain stretches where there is nothing to do but count, and – perhaps worse – there was very little in the preceding pattern row to refer to, to make sure I wasn’t out by a stitch or so. All went reasonably well and the new pattern row on which I have embarked, can at least be referred to that one.

 

Rachel rang up this morning. Freddie’s mother Becca is having a hard time – or at least a very uncomfortable one – because of a misplaced catheter when she had her Caesarian. The hospital is concerned and apologetic and investigating; some comfort, perhaps. Helen says I will have a catheter when they do my hip. Not a happy thought. Rachel also told me the sex of Lizzy and Dan’s forthcoming baby – the one I’m knitting the current shawl for – but I’d better not reveal it here in case someone drops in who doesn’t want to know.

 

And she further said that my sister and her husband will be in London on Saturday, day after tomorrow. They will be there for a few days, then come to Scotland for a Majestic Line cruise, then finally to Edinburgh. It remains a sorrow that the cruise we were to have gone on together fell victim to Covid. 

 

Wordle: we were spread all over the place again. Six for Mark. Five for me and Ketki. Four for Alexander and Rachel. Three for Thomas. And TWO for Theo – how brilliant can you get? 

5 comments:

  1. If you can, try to focus on the time after the replacement hip when you will be able to access the garden once again. After all, many of the procedures will take place once you are under sedation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 PM

    You are using markers to keep your pattern rows placed correctly, aren’t you? It seems it would help avoid lots of stitch counting.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar12:45 AM

    Well done on knitting the dull bits.
    My sympathies to Becca; at least the hospital isn't denying responsibility.
    Theo is close to proving he's psychic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou3:17 PM

    I am happy to hear you will get to spend time with your sister, but sad that you are unable to cruise with them. Perhaps post hip surgery you will, in addition to getting out to the garden, be able to go on a cruise again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Glad you will be able to spend time with your sister even though you can't join them on the cruise. The pandemic stole so much from us; for me, time with my grandchildren who are growing up so fast, and time with friends. We are only now able to see each other without fear of contagion.
    I second the suggestion for stitch markers. I would be lost without them.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete