Monday, May 22, 2023

 

Another grey morning, but the sun has come out this afternoon. Even streaming in through not-overly-clean windows, it does lift the spirits. I think the rest of the UK is having a spell of really nice weather.


 I still feel slightly queasy of stomach – perhaps it wasn’t hollandaise or aioli after all. Helen was here this morning. She thinks I’ve lost a bit of ground.

 

I got another two long rows of knitting done, though. I’ve embarked on the final set of motifs, before the ten rows of all-over pattern which concludes the whole. The motifs are those simple cat’s=paw circles which feature in a lot of Shetland lace. I have only just grasped – although it is plain as a pike-staff in the chart – that those ten rows at the end are every-row, not every-other as before. It’s very rare – unknown, to me – for a lace pattern to change modes like that.

 

Mary Lou, I listened to Melvin Bragg on the Georgics while I knit my plain row today, and found it interesting. Thanks for that.


I found a list of road closures for the marathon on Sunday. I'd prefer a map, but clearly the centre of town is going to be badly affected. I fear for the Medes and the Elamites. 

 

Wordle: no news from Theo or Roger today, father and son. Roger should be staying with Rachel and Ed in London, and Rachel is a Wordle-doer, so there’s no excuse. She and Alexander scored five today. Mark and Ketki and I managed four. Thomas was the star with three.

 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 PM

    If traffic is an issue, might C and you attend Mass in your own neighborhood? Maybe not as delightful as attending your preferred service, but better than nothing?

    Beverly in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    If the queasiness continues after a few more days you might check with a doctor since it is something new for you. Hopefully it is just a passing thing, but if doctor’s appointments are hard come by it might serve you well to get ahead of the game (so to speak). Chloe

    ReplyDelete