Sunday, May 28, 2023

 I'm still not at all well, but I think there is some improvement. The antibiotic itself probably contributes to a lowness. James is here, and will be for one more night. It's a great comfort to know that he's here, and he has bought a little alarm which I have but to press and it makes a noise in the spare room many yards away.


Paradox has taken an astonishing dislike to him. She flies at him, eyes ablaze, growling and hissing, and attacks his legs with tooth and claw. He is terrified of her. He spent much of this afternoon in his room (while I napped) with Paradox, who sympathizes with him entirely about That Awful Cat.


Wordle: A spread today. Rachel and I needed five. Roger -- currently on the open waves on a Majestic Line cruise -- spared our blushes by scoring six. The threes were Theo, Thomas, and Mark, the consistently clever ones. Fours elsewhere.


I've forgotten what happened yesterday, except that I got it. My winning streak is reaching respectable proportions.



3 comments:

  1. We visited Cousin Catherine (actually a cousin of my grandmother's I think, so born in the 1890s) when we were first married and her Siamese cat was ferocious and notorious in the village.I kept a wary eye on her as she stalked me from every angle. My husband grabbed the cat, pinned her on his lap and stroked her, ignoring the steady growl until there was a furious silence. I have to say it worked; the cat left him well alone! I think she thought she was Cousin Catherine's gaurd cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 AM

    So glad you have James. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar4:53 PM

    It's good that the antibiotic is helping.
    What a neat silent alarm James brought!

    How odd of the cat. I wonder what set her off. Does he or his clothing resemble the vet? I hope the attack behavior doesn't expand to others.

    ReplyDelete