Thursday, May 18, 2023

 

A day of gentle progress, but mixed weather. I didn’t go out. Helen has spoken to a dr who has seen my recent x-ray. I’m worse, but not dramatically worse, and I’m now so far up the waiting list that they are predicting July for an operation. I can hold out that long, barring, of course, disaster.

 

I’ve knit a row and 3/4s. Goodness, is that all? I doubt if I’ll attempt any more this evening. My beloved Sharon Miller (“Heirloom Knitting”) puts numbers in her lace charts when there are more than five consecutive knit stitches. Not so here. I count, and write the numbers in, and, even so, count again. Those little white squares aren’t easy for my aged eyes.

 

The Yale U.P. man (see yesterday) will come to see me next Wednesday – much better than m trying to totter out to supper.

 

Mindful Chef delivered only part of my order yesterday, so today I deconstructed the one meal available, rather successfully. I ate the fish and the delicious British asparagus, for which I made some aioli. It does, indeed, sit more lightly on the aged stomach than hollandaise. That leaves quinoa and a lot of vegetables which I will face another day., Meanwhile the rest of the order has turned up.

 

Wordle: We found it easy, on the whole. Lots of letters high in the letter-frequency alphabet – I hope that’s not too much of a hint. My starters gave me four browns and a green – all I had to do was to solve the anagram. And I did! I achieved my first three in a while, joined there by Roger, Theo, and Thomas. Ketki and Mark both scored two – it may well be unprecedented to have two twos on a single day.  Alexander had four and his sister Rachel, five.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Mary Lou3:59 PM

    I know I commented here yesterday, but it has disappeared. Hoping that you may move up the list even faster. I did find packets of Hollandaise again - they are made in France!

    ReplyDelete