Wednesday, December 29, 2021

 

All well, more or less. C. and I got to the garden this morning, but it was raining briskly and therefore muddy and slippy underfoot so we came back again. At least we tried. Helen and her family are still in Strathardle, where they are not only wet but very cold. The deer have been at our trees.

 

It’s time to resume wee Hamish’s Calcutta Cup vest. I’ve retrieved the knitting, most but not yet all of the colours, the book, the stitch pattern. The body of the Machu Picchu is now 12” long, which may or my not be enough, but it’s time to lay it aside.

 

Mary Lou, please tell me about your herb-growing machine, or anyway tell me its name and I’ll look it up. You must be freer than I am – I can only use “lingots” already supplied with seeds and organic fertilizer. There are 50 or so different varieties available, which should keep me going for a while. I didn’t fancy the ones supplied with the machine – parsley, chives, thyme, rocket – too tame; I’ve got thyme and chives on the doorstep. So I also ordered another set – two lettuces, basil, and something else. But they can be purchased separately from the Veritable website, and I’ll do that next time. Chillies, coriander, salad leaves, as I've already mentioned.

 

We’re getting on fine. Picture soon.

 

I had to look “Let’s Go Brandon” up on Google to see how it could be an insult to Biden. I was disappointed. I had expected wit.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:08 PM

    You can't really expect wit from that crowd.

    Glad you've picked up wee Hamish's vest. At least it is small.

    Beverly in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar8:35 PM

    There is little to no wit in politics.

    Yes, knit the Calcutta Cup vest, before he outgrows it! Hint: it's been my experience that babies grow longer much sooner than they grow wider, so extra length is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an AeroGarden 6 pod. We've had it for several years, it came with a choice of pre-seeded pods. For the past few years we have re-used the pods with peat/potting soil and our own seeds or cuttings from the garden. This year's oregano has not been a success, last year it took over.

    ReplyDelete