Saturday, December 11, 2021

 

Nothing to report. Daniela couldn’t come – she’ll be here tomorrow. Helen popped in this morning with the weekend Financial Times. Otherwise I’ve seen no one. There must be lots of oldies who live alone for whom every day is like this. I’m very lucky. I couldn’t sustain it.

 

C., who usually comes at the weekend, is having sinus problems. She and I haven’t been to Mass for months, but we still get the parish newsletter. It includes the Sunday gospel for the week. The one received today begins, “The multitudes asked him, ‘What then shall we do?’ And he answered them, ‘He who has two coats, let him share with him who has none.’”

 

Which pretty well answers the question about Daniela’s root canal work.

4 comments:

  1. Rebecca in MN9:55 PM

    It's amazing to me how often guidance comes to us in tough situations, when we're open to it. The answer becomes clear in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just received a bag of hand-knit hats and baby blankets someone made to donate. Your message rings true. I brought the last bag to the family homeless shelter near me. The need is great and I'm sure I won't have any problems finding a home for these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniela saving you from residential care is worth every penny! AND you save a friend from toothache, which in my opinion is the worst of all ailments.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:05 PM

      I wholeheartedly agree.
      -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

      Delete