Tuesday, December 21, 2021

 

Well, here we are indeed. We got round the course again. The solstice was nearly two hours ago.

 

I have concurred with all your sage advice, and committed to going to Loch Fyne. Helen can come and see the cats on Christmas day. She and her self-isolating family are then going to Strathardle which is pretty brave and hardy of them. I trust I’ll be back on Boxing Day. So now all I have to do is pack some knitting. Although many days pass here when I don’t touch the needles, as you know, the thought of 48 hours away with no knitting to hand, fills me with horror. I’ve got a Christmas sweater. It’s just a matter of digging it out and hoping the moths have spared it.

 

 More deliveries tonight – my Christmas present to myself: I’ve been tracking it all afternoon, when not dozing, and it’s nearly here. And the final grocery order. I got rid of some food this morning – Helen popped in, masked and at a safe distance, to pick up some mosaic material from the study where she had been working recently, and I was able to offload some frozen meals I had bought for James and not used when he was here. She’s got a houseful of boys who consume everything.

8 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:32 PM

    How handy that the boys will use up the frozen meals. Have a happy holiday! Don't worry about the sweater - nobody's judging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, and safe travel wishes from Nebraska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Glad to know you've decided to go. & excellent idea to feed the frozen meals to the young men. I hope Helen finds Strathardle in good form.

    Beverly in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas to you and your extended family - that includes the cats of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is cheering news - you are obviously feeling stronger. I'm sure you will feel cared for in the bosom of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear it! Enjoy the visit and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:03 PM

    A merry Christmas to you and yours, and all good wishes for the New Year.
    -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete