Wednesday, December 01, 2021

 

Here we are in December, and I always feel that’s not quite so bad. Or so bad it’s funny. Much as when, at the other end of the calendar, May segues into June and you know that the glorious spring is over, or nearly.

 

I haven’t done any walking. Not good. We had a whole day of mild weather, but it’s now bitter cold again.

 

I’ve been knitting, and listening to podcasts. I’ll measure again tomorrow, and be glad if I’ve added half an inch. It’s a long way around. My television – which I don’t watch very often – has lost its sound, although it otherwise seems to be in good health and spirits. Alexander is coming tomorrow. He’s a man, and therefore ought to be able to fix it.  I’m sure it’s just a matter of figuring out which button to press on one of the two zappers, but they have all defeated me. I’ve probably made the problem worse by trying.

 

No cheetahs.

4 comments:

  1. As we have replaced various items (cooker, TV, central heating controls) I have become less and less able to drive these various contraptions. Our new oven has FOUR different settings for fan oven plus another two or three for - oh well, I don't know what. I can still operate the microwave, just

    ReplyDelete
  2. How touching your belief in the innate male facility with tech. However, visiting my younger sister recently, we stood by her as she tried out the dishwasher. Nothing happened, until my husband pointed out that there was an On/Off switch as well as all the other gizmos. Strange, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The remote control universe is a strange one. Unintelligible to the outsider, or often the insider. Very frustrating. I saw something on Modern Daily Knitting this morning about weighing the yarn you have left to prove the ball is, in fact, getting smaller. I may resort to that some days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar4:42 PM

    No doubt he'll sort it out. My laptop has a very sensitive "mute" button on the side of the keyboard, where it's too easy to touch it by mistake. I now check that first before I even check whether the external speakers are turned on. There's a mute button on my landline phone too, but at least it's easy to avoid and clearly labeled.
    Knit or walk... Walk around the house every fourth row, perhaps? It helps keep the muscles limber and may entertain the cats.

    ReplyDelete