Wednesday, December 22, 2021

 

Now the overhead light has gone in the room where I sit. I’ll have to move the computer – it’s a laptop – elsewhere until I can get Archie in with a new bulb. It’s possible to write by the light of the screen, but not pleasant.

 

My Christmas toy came. It’s a salad-growing machine. I set it up this morning and took some pictures of it for you but can’t figure out how to get them over here. I think the iPad (where the pictures are) has updated its software recently. So that, too, will have to wait for the visit of a grown-up. I have planted it with two kinds of lettuce, basil, and rocket (arugula). It is absurdly more expensive than buying those things in a supermarket, but I hope more fun. Its name is Veritable, if you want to look it up. It’s French. But avert your eyes from the price. Better than buying more yarn and not knitting it, I suppose.

 

And Tesco delivered still more food. The slot was 8-9 p.m.and they came at five past 8, so I got to bed in good time. Even Daniella is beginning to laugh at me for the quantities of food. I’ll take some smoked salmon to Loch Fyne and maybe can find a couple of other suitable things for them.

 

Tomorrow will have to be spent packing and resisting the temptation to skip the whole thing and crawl under the duvet with a cat. I’ve got to administer a Covid test to myself as well, and am nervous about that. About the discomfort, and about doing it right.

 

Thank you for all your Christmas greetings, The same to you, with knobs on. I suppose I’d better pack in blogging until some time next week. See you then, insh’Allah.

16 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:26 PM

    Happy 29 Holidays Around the World!
    And yes, get the packing done. We'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time. We will be glad to have you back and hear your stories and see the lettuce growing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:36 PM

    Have a lovely Christmas Jean, and look forward to your home grown salads!

    Sarah in Somerset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the celebrations and enjoy time with family. Those times are precious during these times

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget to take your knitting. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the best, Jean, to you and the family. enjoy the time with Alexander and co. keep taking care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureentakoma2:04 AM

    Merry Christmas and safe travels! Looking forward to hearing about Loch Fyne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Jean! Enjoy your family time, I’ll look forward to reading tales of your adventures when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely Christmas time with your family, in these times one never knows when one can meet again. And take care!
    Hilde from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a good time! And look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:51 AM

    The getting-ready is always a bear. Once you are,there, Jean,I think you will have a wonderful time! Merry Christmas! Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A happy safe healthy holiday to you, Jean, and all here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas, Jean,
    Enjoy time with your family.
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Enjoy the holidays with your family!
    I think the salad machine sounds fun, especially in winter time.
    best wishes for 2022!
    Lisa RR in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Christmas Jean! The salad growing machine sounds very interesting, and much more fun than just buying it. Have a lovely time with your family, as everyone is saying, we will be happy to welcome you back when you return. Anna usually in Toronto

    ReplyDelete