Friday, December 17, 2021

 

I’m feeling a bit braver this evening, although it is equally dark. A smidgen darker, in fact. Daniella and I got around the garden. That’s three days in a row. The weather has been very pleasant and open. And the little green noses of the 2022 daffodils and crocuses are appearing – and even of the 2022 wild garlic, I think.

 

Today’s crisis was that I couldn’t charge my iPad last night. That iPad is the umbilical cord connecting me to the world. It was at that point about 20% charged, which is not nearly enough to get me through a day. Frist thing this morning I ordered a new charger from Amazon, and they promised to deliver it by 10 p.m. When Daniela got here she found my spare in a trice (I thot I had another) so the crisis was over – but now I am faced with sitting up until ten. We have a good-sized letter box, but a charger could well be packed in plastic and then in a cardboard box. Amazon would leave it amongst my pots, but the doorbell would blast me from sleep. It’s all my own fault, too.

 

Perhaps I will have to sit up and knit.

 

A dear neighbour died last week – a well-loved local eccentric who will be much missed. This time of year, already grim, is often freighted with such news.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jean, I haven't tried this yet (today's the day), but this might help your charging problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b4cP8Sq1lQ It's about cleaning your iPad or iPhone properly. My iPad charges better with some cords than others -- I hoping a good cleaning will help! Good luck! I'm so sorry about your neighbor! Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news that you are getting around the garden and found the spare charger. I have had to replace cords rather than charger with my iPad. They seem to need more than the iPhone. I am sorry to hear you lost a neighbor. Do hope Joe is ok. There was a news story her (NYT?) about how many with at home Covid test results are never reported.

    ReplyDelete