Tuesday, January 25, 2022

 

Well, that’s the first day of preparation nearly done. I feel a bit peculiar, but I think I’ve survived. The difficulty lies in the funny stuff I’ve got to take. I feared something foul-tasting, and I feared a strong laxative. Neither proves to be the case. The difficulty is that I have to put 20 mg of it into 700 ml of water and drink it within half an hour. Reading the instructions in advance, I failed to notice that 700 ml is the better part of a litre. Today I had to do one at breakfast and one just now – and Freecell came up like a lamb so I just sat here sipping from my vase as if it were cider, playing Freecell.

 

But tomorrow I will be obliged to do that, and then drink a third – at 9 p.m., which is after my bedtime.

 

Needless to say, I didn’t walk, but I had my Tuesday bath which always feels wonderful.

 

And ripped out the corrugated rib I had started to do on the neck of the Calcutta Cup vest, and re-did it (it looks much better) and bound it off stretchily and found that I can’t get it over my head, anywhere near. It’s tighter than it was before. I think the only thing to do is to unpick the entire shoulder. I’m about halfway through doing that, and would be mired in the Slough of Despond if I weren’t so occupied with my bowels.

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you good luck especially for the next few days. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all that stuff you have to drink, your innards will be properly afloat. I am cheered by having found a possible solution to corralling my collection of dpns and circulars; I thought putting all the 3mm and 4mm into one bag, and 3.5mm and 4.5mm into another might work. Same for other sizes. My straight needles already happily coexist in a waste paper basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny8:39 PM

    Prep is always fun. At least you won't have the tube up your bum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar8:49 PM

    Corrugated rib is notoriously non-stretchy. Perhaps ordinary rib would do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't wait until 9 for your last drink. I would do it at 7 or so; you don't really want to be up so far past your bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last year I had two colonoscopies within three months, and before the first one, I could tell myself it would not be so bad, but before the second one I could not fool myself again. The stuff one has to drink doesn´t taste so bad at first, but it gets worse with every sip. Of the procedure itself I didn´t notice anything, thanks to a light anesthetic.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: the neck - either go for plain rib (you could stripe the colours) or open up one/both shoulder seams and add button bands to them.
    Hope all goes ok with the investigation.

    ReplyDelete