Monday, November 07, 2022

 

I didn’t get out, and I haven’t seen much of Perdita, but it’s been a pretty good day otherwise. I’ve got an appt, in just over a month’s time, to see a consultant about my hip.

 

I knit somewhat forward. One major thing to be said about all this cabling – four panels, joining eventually at the shoulders – is that one can measure one’s progress on the chart, instead of being mired forever 4 ½ inches below the armpits no matter now much one knits.

 

Thank you for your encouragement about knitting a hap for the April great-grandbaby. And if I knit it of Shetland jumper-weight, it could easily be done from stash. I’ve got a Craftsy class with Gudrun Johnson in which she teaches a basic Shetland hap. I think I’ve knit it twice. It’s been years since I’ve been to Craftsy but I ought to be able to figure out how to get in. When I went to visit Christina and Manaba’s kittens recently, I saw the hap I had knit for Hamish, in most of the colours of the South African flag. It was looking rather well, I thought.

 

Kate Davies’ Allover club continues, today with a pattern for some colourful slippers. Maybe she will inspire me with a brilliant colour combination. I’ve got a lot of Shetland jumper weight, what with one thing and another.

 

Wordle: I got another four, after a mighty struggle. My starter words gave me two greens and a brown, but I couldn’t think of any word, any word at all, that qualified. I finally gave up and put a Jean-word in line three, and that was no use except to eliminate two more consonants. It was early afternoon, as I was sitting there disconsolately, when I suddenly realised that it could be….. And as so often, in that situation, it was.

 

Theo and Ketki and daughter-Rachel knocked it off in three. Mark and Thomas and Theo’s father Roger joined me on four. Alexander had a uncharacteristically bad day: five.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I was amazed to get it in three! My two starter words gave me all five letters, two in the right place. After that, it was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar9:09 PM

    Cabling is fun that way. I like colorwork for much the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Ah, Wordle! it took me an uncharacteristic 5 today, but I was a bit distracted by friends at breakfast. I do enjoy it, and love hearing how your group, Jean, manages.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:51 AM

    I think I saw those slippers - in Fair Isle, bright blue predominating with red and white. I thought they were beautiful. Chloe

    ReplyDelete