Tuesday, November 29, 2022

 

Well, here we are. My guests have gone. And my cold is much better.

 

Both happened at once. The cold exploded last Tuesday evening, just after Helen and Roger and their friend Kinthi arrived. In the end daughter-Helen brought a mattress and slept on my bedroom floor, which was a great comfort. And a couple of days later she succeeded in getting a doctor to the house. An antibiotic was prescribed and it has done a lot of good. Two more days to go. I am still coughing like an operatic heroine in the final act, but the cough is no longer productive.

 

And apart from all that, she has fed and entertained my guests for the entire week.

 

Wordle: I kept it up the whole time. I failed the day the answer was ITCHY, and nearly failed (=scored six) today. Everybody found it on the tough side today, and Thomas who is so often the best, joined me with six. I’ve had a run of threes for the past three days.

 

No knitting whatsoever. I’m going to have a bath tomorrow, and hope I may also celebrate a return to near-health by dividing Fergus’ sweater for the armholes.

7 comments:

  1. That was excellent timing (in one way), to wait to be ill until there was someone to look after you and your guests! I hope you were still able to enjoy their company.
    I've just done today's wordle in 4; a light bulb went on in my head just as I was going to throw in the towel. Hope you complete your recovery swiftly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 PM

    What a saga. Anon Janet in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar8:05 PM

    Hooray for Helen! And for the doctor making a house call! Colds, being viruses, aren't affected by antibiotics, so you had something else as well. Glad it helped, anyway! I suspect the company helped, too. Can you contact the doctor somehow to report the continuing dry cough? A prescription refill may be wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:48 PM

    What a good daughter - you must be a good mother! Glad to hear you are on the mend. I had Wordle in 3 several days but barely made it today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Glad you are better! Your Instagram picture of the two Helens radiated joy. What a loving family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:54 PM

    "I am still coughing like an operatic heroine in the final act" - I love your writing, Jean. And I am so glad that your cold is receding and that you still managed (I hope!) to enjoy your family's visit. Best wishes for fully restored health.
    -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:14 PM

    I will add another congratulations on your recovery and progress on the sweater! How awesome Helen was able to come help. Colds can leave a person with a lingering cough that gradually improves. Never hurts to get another opinion, and sometimes there are medications that can help, especially if the cough interferes with sleeping. Laura

    ReplyDelete