Saturday, November 05, 2022

 

I’ve had a fairly idle day, bnt at least I  had a bath, postponed from earlier in the week so as to leave the morning bathroom and the hot water for others. Rachel and Ed are safely back in London.

 

And I have knit somewhat forward on Fergus’ sweater. A rough measure on the knee suggests that I am about 2/3rds of the way to the armhole. In fact I’ll lengthen it a bit. Fergus is inordinately tall. I’ve bought enough yarn to knit the pattern as written, with a hood – which isn’t in fact wanted. That should give me enough yarn to add at least an inch.

 

I’ve been wondering what to knit for that April baby. Would I have time for a hap?

 

Wordle: a day of fours except for Alexander and Mark, who got three, and Ketki with a remarkable two. My brother-in-law hasn’t posted for the last couple of days. Too busy packing for London, perhaps: they will be there next week.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a hap for the April baby - all babies need one. They get used for a very long time. My first grandson (now 38) still uses his (as a lap rug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:15 AM

    A hap is a great idea. And you know not to make them in sugary, tiny-baby colours which limit their useful life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou3:42 PM

    A hap would be a lovely gift. And additional length would never go amiss. Is he even finished growing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:30 PM

    A hap is a great idea; I’ve just made one for my grandson - I’ll send you the pattern if you like? (It’s called Seashore, you can see it on my page.)

    ReplyDelete