Saturday, September 03, 2022

 

A busy day, by my languid standards. Daniela and I got to the garden, although not very far within it. Archie came to see me and, hot on his heels, the Loch Fyne Mileses. Not much knitting, but I finished another sleeve stripe.

 

Stephen & Penelope (=Stephen West) in Amsterdam have released the colour choices for this winter’s MKAL. I’m mildly tempted, although they are expensive and selling out fast. I would have to decide and order this evening, and it would be ridiculous. On the other hand, I’m keen on Stephen, and both he and the shawl colours would be heartening in the dark, cold months looming just ahead.

 

I’ve finished Henry Marsh’s book, with a bit of speed-reading. His earlier ones, when he was still practicing surgery, were better. Now he is retired, suffering from prostate cancer (not a terribly interesting disease), worried about dying of that or, alternatively, being cured of it and dying of dementia. Old age is not for sissies. I’ve moved on to Josephine Tay’s “The Franchise Affair” which is recommended for a re-read in a useful slot in this morning’s Times.

 

Wordle: I scored four this morning, expecting to be the class dullard again. But no. Alexander also got four, Thomas and his mother Ketki five, and it defeated Mark altogether. It was the old Wordle trick – you get four green letters and guess wrong again and again for the fifth. Thomas and I had only one wrong guess each. It took me quite a while to think of enough words to cover all of poor Mark’s guesses.

 

Off to knit a bit more, I hope, and think about that MKAL.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment