Tuesday, September 06, 2022

 

More rain. Perhaps the drought has broken.

 

I finished the second sleeve of the second Evendoon, and have dealt with most of the ends. Don’t get too excited: there’s still the neckband ribbing to do. I particularly enjoy the rare instances when a project offers some actual knitting at the end, after the tedious bit. Like finding a couple of swallows of wine in your glass after you’ve had pudding. Although I know that this has happened before, I can’t think of an actual example.

 

Thank you for all your MCAL encouragement. It should be great fun, having you do it too, Anonymous-just-north-of-Ann-Arbor (comment yesterday). Have you, too, ordered yarn from Amsterdam? I got an email today from Anj at Meadow Yarn, a British dyer with whom I sometimes deal. She has put together a number of possible packages for the MKAL, some of them very tempting and all substantially cheaper than Amsterdam. Too late now, for me. Nor do I regret my choice.

 

Wordle: Lisbon seems to be having a strange effect. (I think they’re all still there until tomorrow.) Rachel needed five today, Thomas six, Alexander and Ketki both failed. Which is unheard of. Mark and I – neither of whom is in Portugal, as far as I know – both got it in three. The Portuguese lot were mostly struggling for the first letter, which one of my starter words had supplied. I was hard put to think of three wrong words with the same last four letters. Rachel struggled for the middle letter – which, again, one of my starters had supplied.

 

Judy (comment yesterday) I do agree that repeated letters can be tricky (thinking of yesterday’s WHOOP). It’s a trick I tend to look for, ever since the day we had VIVID. I got the two I’s, proud of myself for solving the double -- so the pattern was *I*ID. I struggled mightily with the remaining letters until an Angel of Understanding descended from heaven and suggested a second duplication. Normally, like everybody else, I forget the answer 20 minutes (or less) after solving the day’s puzzle, but I always remember VIVID. KirstenM, you can’t always count on lightweight vocabulary. Another one I don’t seem to forget was EPOXY.

6 comments:

  1. The words seem to becoming odder and odder. I didnt get yesterday's at all but took 4 tries for today's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the last four correctly placed letters for today's wordle and then chose almost every possible letter for the start of the word except the correct one. The answer was appropriate in the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:40 AM

      Same here — failed because I ran out of tries. And when I started, I thought I might get it in three. HAH. (The Other Kristen)

      Delete
  3. I had the second through fifth letters in the correct order after my third word. I tried h, v, and d -- all incorrect -- and failed entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had the last 4 letters with my third. Who knew there were so many choices for 1st letter? My first failure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the first letter and stumbled the second on my third attempt. I put it aside and didn't look at it until after reading todays blog, maybe that helped jostle some brain cells. I got it in five.
    I wish some rain would come to Southern California.

    ReplyDelete