Wednesday, September 21, 2022

 

Nothing arrived today – all the more anticipation for tomorrow. I did get an email from Amazon to confirm that cider and cat litter are on the way.

 

It was a glorious September day. Daniela and I got all the way around the garden – gratifying, after a series of non-walking days. And I knit a few more Shetland stripes. And re-located Kate Davies’ Argyle Coast book, in which Fergus’ pattern appears. That book tends to come and go, like a lot of things around here. It’s now in a secure place.

 

Her new book, Sark, is now available. It’s all about travelling stitches, which I adore. A wonderful sweater and cardigan (two separate patterns) are included, but it looks as if the rest of the book is accessories and Tom’s photography. That makes it expensive for the two patterns I’d quite like. On the other hand, the accessories (wrap, hat, cowl, slippers) are nice too in their way. I’ll think about it.

 

Wordle: I scored five again. I was the class dunce today. My starters gave me three browns. By means of heroic mental effort I entered a qualifying word in line three. It left me with the same three browns, although indeed with a bit more information. Heroic mental effort refused to yield another, so I gave up and entered a Jean-word in line four. It worked a treat; I now had four letters in position (three greens and a brown which couldn’t be where it was and so had to be in the empty position. Thomas scored two, Mark and Ketki three, Rachel and Theo and Alexander four.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 PM

    Hi Jean. I thought the same initially about KD’s new book Sark, but actually there are 6 sweater patterns in all (2, a cardigan and a pullover are new, the other 4 have recently been published individually) and 6 accessories. I love these twisted stitches too and recently finished Cowal:Cowl from Argyll’s Secret Coast and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Glad to hear you got around the garden!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar2:13 AM

    Always good to find things you want. Glad to hear you're walking well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:59 AM

    And it looks like all the patterns are available individually if you only want one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:50 PM

    I got 3 greens on first try today. That usually doesn't bode well. I got 4 greens on the second and guessed wrong until 5th time. Nothing like a lovely September day...

    ReplyDelete