Friday, September 02, 2022

 

A day of non-achievement. I haven’t even done any knitting, although I hope I’ll knock off a few rounds before bed. I’ve finished reading “The Ink-Black Heart”, while continuing not to enjoy it. At least it’s done. I’ve read a few paragraphs of Henry Marsh’s “And Finally” which I think is going to go down rather well. The new Richard Osman won’t be published for another fortnight.

 

David and Fergus called in, before driving off to Cheshire to see David’s mother for a few days. I showed Fergus the website picture of Kate Davies’ Glenan-Domra pattern, which I have in mind for his Calcutta Cup ’22 sweater (minus the hood), and we measured him.

 

Alexander and Ketki mean to pop in tomorrow on their way to Lisbon, as I think I’ve already said. That means I can hand over those blasted legwarmers.

 

Wordle: I was definitely the class dunce today: two for Alexander and Thomas, three for Mark and Ketki, four for me. I spoke to Rachel on the phone this morning – she and Ed are going to Lisbon too – and I think she said she had a two as well. I’ve never scored two. I had the usual Wordle problem: I got the first four letters, but had chosen the cook’s and gardener’s word, and it was wrong. The others approached from different directions, or arrived at the answer by sheer leaps of genius.

 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:17 PM

    Have you heard that Richard is leaving Pointless to concentrate on his writing? He may have already left because it’s filmed in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou12:16 AM

    I got wordle in two today. I don’t know that it has happened before. I chose a word at random, and it had 4 greens except the last. Then, instead of the gardener’s word (which was sitting right in front of me!) I came up with the correct guess. Good luck, not good management! I am having fun with a stranded hat pattern I am designing for Plied Yarns. If anyone is interested in testing a stranded colorwork hat at 26 sts over 4 inches, let me know. MLEgan on Ravelry. I am really having fun playing with colors!

    ReplyDelete