Monday, September 05, 2022

 

It’s been a beautiful day. Helen – now returned from Cheshire – came and we walked perhaps two-thirds of the way around the garden.

 

I pressed ahead with that sleeve, as hoped, and am now nearly halfway done with the terminal ribbing. Tomorrow?

 

I am enjoying the prospect of my MKAL, as opposed to regretting the extravagance. I look forward, too, to sharing it with you. The yarn is coming from Stephen and Penelope in Amsterdam – the website warns that it won’t be overnight, because they’re got so many to dispatch. They promise that it will be here for cast-on day. My colours are basically green, but that doesn’t tell you much. I'll want a day or two for winding -- 100 gram sock-weight skeins.

 

I did a Mystery Knitalong once before, also a shawl (perhaps they always are shawls). It’s there in the sidebar, and I must decide what to do with it. I didn’t care for the result much. Even two years ago – I assume that 2020 is what I meant by “virus knitting” – it didn’t seem worth the anguish of blocking. I must decide on its fate and get it out of that sidebar. I’m two years feebler now, and blocking is going to be a problem again. But if I like the shawl, it’ll at least be a problem worth solving.

 

Wordle: I didn’t approve of today’s word, but there have been no complaints from my little group. I scored a very undistinguished six. My starter words yielded two browns. Line three turned them green, a good start. Then I got stuck. Lines four and five were Jean-words, line four virtually useless, line five productive of two more browns from which the last-minute solution came. Alexander and Thomas scored three (blast them!), Ketki four, Mark and Rachel five.

 

9 comments:

  1. I thought today's word was odd, too. I only got one letter in my first three tries and it was in the wrong spot! Managed to get it in 5, a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not care for today's word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep choosing what I think of as 'real' words, but am learning to try using a more 'lightweight' vocabulary for wordle. Today's word was one of those in my view. I am turning into a language snob, constantly correcting people's grammar on TV and radio. But then, I have trouble with whom and who, so who(m) am I to talk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Yes today's word was definitely odd. I was surprised to get it in 4. Weird Wordle. Anonymous Janet in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:50 PM

    Wordle today; I agree, a very odd word and I actually didn't think it would be right, but I was just about out of possible letters. I got it in 4. I enjoy Wordle much more when I don't agonize and just go for a word.
    Glad you are doing the MKAL.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the subject of the MKAL, how exhilarating to throw caution to the wind and put your trust in the hands of a designer whom you like. I'm glad you decided to go for it and I look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wordle in four today. It isn't a common word and it's one of those tricky ones with a letter repeating. Naughty Wordle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Stephen West designs always seem like a great adventure (although I have yet to tackle any of them!). In my book that is reason enough to brave the waters if you are so tempted. I’ve heard he gives great video support and you always learn something new. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:38 PM

    I am a first time Stephen West
    Mkal knitter- looking forward to following along with you. I’m a long time follower of your blog- I live just north of Ann Arbor Michigan

    ReplyDelete