Wednesday, February 09, 2022

 

A pleasant day. I didn’t walk – that was cowardly. Alexander came, and we talked about Wordle. Mercifully, I had done it in four this morning, after a run of failures. It seemed pleasanter to go on sitting there talking. The weather was good. I must exert myself tomorrow.

 

I continued knitting Machu Picchu, and it continued not to increase in length. My fancy new knitting needles haven’t arrived. Slight stirrings of anxiety. But I found a humble one of the right size and will tomorrow (insh’Allah) cast on Mary Lou’s “Aroon” for the first of the 2022 babies – a seventh London great-granddaughter.

 

I ordered a Feliway for Perdita, and am pondering where to plug it in. She often sleeps – she did today – half-way along the hall, far from a suitable power point. The closest one would be the one Daniella uses for the ironing. I could put it in the spare room, which Perdita often claims as her own. I’m afraid I don’t believe in Feliway anyway. I’m glad they didn’t prescribe pills, which I would have found it impossible to administer. Or ointment, which might have been bad for Perdita. She would have eluded any protective bandage in order to lick it. I hope she enjoyed the end of yesterday’s ordeal as much as I did.

 

Helen says her dog Farouk sits down and tips his head back when she tells him it’s time for his pill.

 

While knitting, I watched Queer Joe, on the “hand” of yarn; Franklin, on life in Paris (he really does seem to be settling in well); and the first portion of the new Fruity Knitting (Andrea is in her native Australia). You’d think that might be enough to get Machu Picchu up to the armhole, but no.

 

4 comments:

  1. Cats are terrible subjects for medication. What a Gent Helen's dog is. Our current resident is the best we have had, and will take any pill if it is embedded in a small lump of stinky blue cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordle in four, good for you. Took me five - I'll have to remember to allow for American spellings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MARILYN NANCE2:26 AM

    Feliway also comes in a spray. Could be sprayed on a towel or place that she sleeps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new photo! What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete