Sunday, February 13, 2022

 

Wordle in five, this morning. (Six is the maximum allowed.) No walk – I was on my own, and I don’t think I’m entirely safe these days, out walking alone. It was a fairly filthy day anyway, dark and wet. My dear cheetah cubs were indoor at mid-morning, DC time, from which I deduce that the weather wasn’t very nice there either. They’re brave about snow.

 

The knitting went forward well. I’ve reached the shoulders and begun some neck shaping. Progress is gratifying. Maybe I should knit more baby clothes.

 

The weekend hasn’t produced the expected geographical essay from Kate Davies, unless googlemail has made off with it. We had a long essay about creativity which I didn’t read much of.

 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, baby knitting! I'm doing a worsted weight, 12-month size pullover before getting back to a vest for my (big) husband, and it's going delightfully fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar2:01 AM

    I swear by hats. The basic beanie is a comfortably small yet useful thing, and fits pretty much everyone.

    Here in the suburbs of DC it rained a bit but did not snow as of 9 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavier weight yarn also helps with moving things forward. I knitted a cowl in aran weight and it was finished in no time. (My usual knitting is sock weight.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:58 AM

    My Kate Davies geographical essay came, it was called "The Paper Caves" and turned up promptly yesterday morning.I hope you find yours, it was very interesting.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sock weight knitting is new experience for me. Had a glass of wine with lunch and promptly started knitting in wrong direction. Have left the consequences for another day to be sorted out in sober daylight.

    ReplyDelete