Monday, February 14, 2022

 

Wordle on the 5th go, again. At that stage, I can usually win if I can think of any word which satisfies the parameters – which letters aren’t in it, which are in but in unknown positions. Usually there’ll be at least one right-letter-in-right-place. It’s a perfect little puzzle, much quicker to do than a Sudoku or a crossword or even a hand of Freecell.

 

Jenny, my Kate Davies essay turned up, too, after I had switched the computer off. And it was interesting, as you say, although I wish I didn’t know about the death of the 1st Duke of Argyll.

 

I did a bit less Aroon today, but I’m still moving steadily forward. I’m over the first shoulder and beginning to increase for the wrap-over front. It’s a very neat increase: on every right-side row, k2 and then knit into the front leg of the stitch below the next stitch on the left-hand needle. I don’t know what’s happened to my katcha-katcha, an invaluable tool, but I can make do by counting the stitches.

 

Tamar, you’re absolutely right about hats, quick to knit, always useful. Gloves are far too fiddly; even mittens. Socks, although I knit lots, and although I find them ideal for travel knitting, take too long. I like plenty of sock. Hats are perfect for instant, useful gratification. Woolly Wormhead has devoted her career to them, and is still thinking of new ideas.

3 comments:

  1. I have finally worked out Wordle and managed to get one in 2 goes, one in 5 and the rest not at all! It's so compulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder whether you have met with Quordle? It's a spin-off from the original concept and gives one serious pause - in a good way. How can it be so difficult to think of five-letter words when you already have several of the letters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I ended up cheating and using a word list for ideas. I got it on the last go.

    ReplyDelete