Friday, February 11, 2022

 

That was better. Sunny and cold, again. C. came. We made the effort, and got out, and all the way around the garden. Once out there, despite the cold, it felt like spring. The light is returning by handfuls, although I think I read somewhere that it is only a minute and a half a day.

 

And Hermes delivered those knitting needles. Wordle defeated me, though.

 

“Aroon” progresses nicely, although its new Lykke needle hasn’t really made all that much difference to the experience of knitting it, which was already pleasant. I am (just about at/just short of) the first staging post, where my only task is to insert markers and then knit straight on.

 

Today’s pattern in Kate Davies’ Argyle club is a super double-sided cabled scarf, modelled by an equally super young man. KD says that he will contribute this weekend’s essay about the Argyll coast. I do like cables, and long scarves.

 

Marilyn Nance (comment Wednesday): I’ll investigate Feliway spray. Can't I just spray it at the cat? My package has arrived from Amazon (as always) but I haven’t opened, let alone deployed, it, and now I don’t know where Daniela has put it.

 

5 comments:

  1. I cant even get started on Wordle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A laugh for you, I misread this header in the Guardian today "Scotland launches women’s audit to look at barriers to entering Holyrood" as entering Hollywood and wondered why on earth Scotland cared! I barely made it through todays wordle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean,
    Glad you made it around the garden! Congratulations.
    I tried Wordle today for the first time. I finally got the word after six tries. The comment from Wordle was "Whew" I cheated and used a dictionary, which hardly helped.
    I love seeing the gorgeous boy on your header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar7:01 AM

    Every minute in sunlight helps. Congratulations! Over here we're having the annual February warmish week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Better not to spray Feliway on the cat as they lick themselves and it is not meant to be taken internally.

    I use the Feliway spray when our Bengal cross has to go on any car trip, which she hates. Without the spray she yells the whole way, with it sprayed on the towel or blanket in her travel crate, she sits back and watches the journey with interest. I did not expect it to work......

    JennyS

    ReplyDelete