Saturday, February 19, 2022

 

When I log on here from my iPad, there are my coloured squares recording yesterday's struggle with Wordle. Here on the (admittedly rather antique) laptop, we have only empty squares. One day I must try doing Wordle in here, but I prefer to go on with it as now, hunched over my breakfast with the iPad. I got it on the 6th try, this morning.

 Elizabeth (comment yesterday) I cannot imagine a strategy which would make it boring: it’s such a brilliant blend of luck and vocabulary. I used "lipid" as one of my buesses yesterday -- I don't even know what it means. It has occurred to me that “train” should be a pretty good starter – two vowels, and all the consonants are in the first half of the letter-frequency alphabet.

 

It looked like quite a nice day out there, but I stayed in. I had a restless and uncomfortable night last night, and was feeling weaker even than usual. Knitting progressed well, but there are still two or three more increases to do.

 

Amazon has just delivered “Knit, Fold, Pleat, Repeat” along with my month’s ration of Weston’s Vintage Cider. (My new system, mentioned recently, is not to keep cider in the house except for the monthly Amazon delivery of what amounts to about a week’s supply – and of course it will last longer, if I drink less per day.) Both had been promised for tomorrow. So soon I will go off and read the one while sipping the other with my supper. I’ll report on the book tomorrow, insh’Allah.

 

5 comments:

  1. I got today's Wordle on the last try. I have no system other than deciding on a 5 letter word that has a good mix of consonants and vowels. I dread the words with duplicates of letters like today with swill. It is also anxiety producing when you are down to your last guess and there are two good possibilities in mind.
    Enjoy your cider and book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordle! I have been reduced to putting in words that I know are wrong in order to get to the point where it will tell me the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar8:55 PM

    I believe lipids are something to do with cholesterol, which is not so bad as they used to tell us it was.
    More recently I have heard that reading 30 pages at night just before bed leads to measurably improved memory and thinking abilities in the morning, no matter what the topic was.
    Sunny and quite windy today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I explained Worle to a group of friends and one immediately suggested that there would be an algorithm for that. What would be the point of that? I thought. Well done on your alcohol strategy. Sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoying Wordle as well, except it seems since the NYT took over it is .... sneakier...somehow. Here's another one you will definitely enjoy... Worldle. Geography! https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

    ReplyDelete