Monday, February 20, 2023

 Alexander and Ketki are in India for a family wedding. I had been told that they were going, but forgot, or at any rate I had insufficiently registered the date. They both logged in with threes this morning (they often score the same) at what would have been an absurd hour of the night had they been in western Europe.

 

No excitement here, except for some letters from the tax man. I didn’t go out. Helen came, and we got through my exercises in good order. She’ll come again tomorrow, and then will be away mosaic’ing in Perth for the rest of the week. Since this hip replacement is going to cost me an absurd amount of money anyway, I am thinking of some new clothes for my weeks of rehabilitation in the posh nursing home. That can wait until I’ve met the surgeon and heard what he thinks he can do for me. And when.

 

Knitting continues briskly. I wouldn’t be surprised if I finished the centre of the hap tomorrow. I also finished reading Gardam’s “Bilgewater” which I enjoyed to the end. I’ve now returned to her “Old Filth” trilogy which I have in my Kindle library and therefore must have read before.

 

Wordle: We were all threes and fours today – the threes slightly preponderated. I was a four. My starters gave me four browns. I’m not keen on anagrams, but it was easy today to think of a qualifying word for line three. It was wrong, but useful. My line three was a configuration which kept turning up – both for the threes and for the fours –  grn, brn, grn, grn, ???. That means, obviously, that the brown has to be moved to position five, and from there it isn’t at all difficult to think of the letter for position two. It's a totally different word. The man who invented the alphabet was on to a good thing.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Mary Lou6:42 PM

    I got another three today - this must be to make up for all the fives and sixes I had last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:49 PM

      It's always satisfying to get a three.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous6:51 PM

      Sorry about the anon - it's Carla.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous7:18 PM

      I advise taking a dress or two as post surgery wear. Trousers will be much too difficult at first. Also, Ripskirt makes an excellent Velcro wraparound in several lengths and cheery patterns.
      Gail who usually just lurks.

      Delete
  2. Or, just live in a beautiful negligee for a few days. With matching wrap of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:01 PM

      Oof, I don't know as I would agree - usually synthetic and rather drafty. Hospitals are either overheated, and you melt in all that plastic, or in the cool side, and you can't get warm. It would be elegant, however!

      Delete
  3. I may be having a hospital stay in a few months, it's going to be 6-8 weeks before I see the surgeon to find out. I'm already planning, making mental checklists. My nightdresses are fine but it's an excuse for a new wrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also something to have as a bed jacket and a fleecy blanket or shawl

      Delete