Tuesday, April 11, 2023

 

A frot afternoon. A nap is (alas) impossible, so here I am.

 

Amazon has delivered a package (cider). DHL has delivered a package (yarn for the next shawl). I haven’t opened it yet. Mindful Chef is still to come, with four meals. And a friend from the Cathedral who brings me the sacrament and we read a chapter from the bible together – currently Paul to the Colossians. And, of course, Rachel and Ed. Gin and tonic ready and chilled.

 

The Colossians, I gather, lived somewhere in central Turkey, but nobody has done any serious archaeology there. So says Google.

 

Wordle Four for me today, We started with a nice run of fours: Ketki, Rachel, me and Mark. But then Alexander and Thomas logged in with threes. We haven’t heard from America yet.

 

Today’s word brings up an important Jean Rule for Wordle Solving. I’ll try to remember to explain it to you tomorrow.

 

Since I started writing this, the friend from the Cathedral has turned up. That leaves Mindful Chef and Rachel and Ed. Maybe I can doze for half an hour in my chair.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Mary Lou3:53 PM

    Enjoy your visit! I got Wordle in three today with a lucky guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:52 PM

    I just looked up the meaning of “frot” - surely it must have a different meaning than the definition that pops up in Google!!!

    ReplyDelete