Thursday, April 20, 2023

 It’s a boy!

 

My grandson Joe rang up at lunchtime. I’ve got seven great-granddaughters, and now I’ve got a great-grandson too.  Joe claims not to know his name yet, although some preliminary thought must have been given to this question. But all is well. It was a Caesarian, as I told you a few days ago. Becca was tucking into lunch, her husband said. This is the baby for whom the Calcutta Cup shawl was destined. I hope we’ll have a picture soon of him wrapped in it.

 

There is little else to report, inevitably. Helen came early today, and bustled me out of the house. But, as I keep saying, I’ve lost ground lately. I got down the six steps (tremendous effort) and then could only sit there for awhile on my walking machine while Helen put in some nasturtium seeds. We then walked a few steps and admired plants in the areas of the nearest neighbours. I suppose that’s better than not making the effort.

 

And the knitting progresses. I have now finished six repeats of the lace pattern in the centre of the current shawl. Fourteen are required, and I mean to do some more this evening. It’s much easier to do so, now that the light is back. So I should pass the halfway point tomorrow. That feels like progress. That, indeed, is progress.

 

Wordle: an easy three today, making my threes and fours equal. Everybody else had a fairly easy ride as well: fours for Thomas, Ketki, and Theo. Alexander and Mark shared my three. The stars were Rachel and Roger, with two.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome, great-grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou4:17 PM

    Hooray! Congratulations to all. I got Wordle in TWO yesterday. That has only happened to me once before.

    ReplyDelete