Monday, April 10, 2023

 

A pleasant day, but chilly.

 

Daniella (and I, to some extent) got on fine with the blocking. She particularly enjoyed the bit where she wrapped the shawl in a towel and stamped on it on the kitchen floor. We’ve pinned it out in my husband’s study, a glorious room, sadly underused, but at the moment furnished with big tables so that Helen can make mosaics in there. Perfect. When I was young and adroit, and Perdita a bit o a kitten, she used to like to assist the process by pulling out the pins. I used to be terrified that she would swallow one and die in agony. The job is finished for now, and the door firmly shut.

 

I’ve sized up Fergus’ Calcutta Cup sweater, and determined where I am in the pattern (I hope), but haven’t actually knit any more of it yet.

 

Rachel and Ed will be here on a late afternoon train tomorrow. You may not hear from me for the rest of the week. I’ll do my best.

 

Wordle: Clever of you to figure out yesterday’s word, Gretchen, without even playing the game. Maybe you'd enjoy doing it? Perhaps Cam gave it away yesterday by saying that it began life as an acronym? Mark never did get it and remains cross. Today we had a perfectly ordinary, instantly forgettable word. Another three for me – also for Mark, Alexander, and Theo. Ketki struggled – she got stuck wth ???, ???, grn, grn, grn and only slid home with six. Fours elsewhere.

 

2 comments:

  1. mary lou11:46 PM

    Glad I looked at your post right now, as I was busy today and forgot to do Wordle. I got it in 5, which seems like I should have got it sooner. I looked at your "curry dumplings" to see if they grown in our zone (USDA 4) and they do. The article said they are easy to grow from seed, but I'm skeptical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Jean, I responded to today’s post at the end of yesterday’s post. I had gone back to see Gretchen’s comment and my reaction so excited me that I forgot to return to Today’s post to write my comment. At any rate, your comment today - without any really specific clues - evoked the correct answer and Gretchen’s clue/comment confirmed it. Chloe

    ReplyDelete