Friday, April 21, 2023

 It’s been a nice day out there, not involving me. A man has been here working on our Japanese clock. He thinks he can get it to work. I wish my husband could be here to see it happen. But it has meant my not having a nap, and I am weary. Daniella’s husband is soon to come to give us an estimate for restoring the shower in the room we call the Downstairs Lavatory (although everything, in fact, is on one level). Then I must try to eat something, and then I can go to bed.

 

Rachel rang up this morning. She has met her grandson and says he is very masculine-looking. Joe and Becca really did manage not to know his sex before he was born, something of an achievement these days, and fully expected a girl since that’s what babies are, in their experience.  So he really doesn’t have a name. Rachel told me his girl-name, which I have forgotten. He hasn’t got his Calcutta Cup shawl yet.

 

I got a fair amount of knitting done today, what with all this non-napping. I’ve passed the halfway point for the centre square of the new shawl. I am still finding it extremely difficult. I went back to it after blog-writing yesterday evening but soon found myself struggling with a mistake and (sensibly) left the problem to be solved this morning. All has gone well today. Why is it so hard? It’s only a 12-stitch repeat.

 

Wordle: I haven’t solved it. I’ve got two green vowels. I’ve used four lines. I’ve got several hours left, but I doubt if much is possible in my nap-less state. Alexander and Mark scored three, Thomas four, Ketki and Theo and Rachel five. Roger, like me, hasn’t posted anything yet. Mark and Ketki lept from one brown (in his case) and from two (in hers) to the right answer. As far as I am concerned at the moment, there is no word in the language which has my two vowels in those positions, and doesn’t use any of the useful consonants I have eliminated.

4 comments:

  1. Repeated consonants always catch me out (hint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stuck on Wordle too and in worse shape than you, Jean. I have one vowel, in the wrong place, and no consonants, from my 2 formerly reliable starter words. I'll have to make some wild guesses if I want to progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:57 PM

    I have no ideal who you are and stumbled upon this blog by accident. But I do stop in often to read as I am a grandmother, knitter and do Wordle daily. Congratulations on your great grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou3:59 PM

    I'm with Shandy re. repeated consonants. Nearly failed this one!

    ReplyDelete