Saturday, July 16, 2022

 

A day of unconnected events.

 

I woke up feeling weak and a bit dizzy. Low blood pressure? Why? I’m OK now, I think, but I didn’t do my exercises or walk this morning.

 

The egg which formed part of my lunch, was double-yoked. I haven’t seen one of them for years.

 

Christina and Manaba’s black cat has had a litter of black kittens. C. and M. are away at a wedding somewhere in the wilds of Scotland. Where is Hamish? Not with his grandmother C., who has also gone to the wedding. Maybe Hamish has too. The kittens were expected at any moment, so friends have moved in to the house to keep an eye on the cat. I hope to pay a call next week.

 

Wordle: a toughie, I thought. I scored my usual five. Mark also got five, Alexander and Ketki four, Rachel in London, three. I finally asked what has become of Thomas. The answer is that his telephone can no longer access the app – it’s called Signal – where we all post our results.

 

The new Knitting magazine is here. I have subscribed, I think, since the first issue, never been even mildly tempted to knit any of their patterns, rarely find the articles very interesting. I should cancel, shouldn’t I? There are hard times coming. I always look at it, though, and always read the back page, “Purl Princess”. This month she writes about the question of what to do with all those stunningly beautiful single skeins one has acquired on one’s travels. Answer: knit a Stephen West shawl – her own one is a great success. And as a parting shot, she recommends Birdstreet Yarn as a source of glorious skeins. I thought they were indeed pretty wonderful.

 

I haven’t knit anything myself today, but I am advancing on the legwarmers. Can I find all the yarn?

3 comments:

  1. MaryLou6:05 PM

    I got wordle in three today! Quirk of fate, I think. I also spent time undoing several hours worth of short rows knitting that I undertook last evening. It’s the neckline of the make as I go linen top, based loosely on my Lavallette top, where the neckline is shaped with short rows. It was less than successful, so I am trying again. It will be winter before it is finished at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar10:56 PM

    If Purl Princess is good every time, that may be sufficient reason to continue with the magazine.
    You walked all around the garden, more than for a long time, yesterday, and it was warm out; you may have been a little low on salt. Perhaps after walking a saltine would help replace it, or an energy drink for all the minerals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Knitting magazine, which I glance through on American shelves, has improved quite a bit from former years in my opinion and I occasionally buy an issue for a project that interests me (I tend to be swayed by slick photography and stunning color combinations) Will have to keep an eye out for the one recommending Stephen West, once it reaches U.S. shores. Sounds actually helpful. Chloe

    ReplyDelete