Friday, July 22, 2022

 

Not much tonight – but it has been a good day.

 

I set myself, as I probably said, to do three rounds of legwarmer per day. I have always achieved more than that but it has been helpful, on the morning of a droopy day such as this one, to be able to tell myself that I can surely get around three times. The current score is 80 rounds done, 96 the target. We’re getting there. One of the dread indistinguishable-blue-on-indistinguishable-blue bands comes next, and then it’s over.

 

Wordle: I was the best, in our little group. I don’t think that’s ever happened before. I may – rarely if so – have been tied for best, but today I was there alone. I did it in three. The others were four and even five. Mary Lou, I was sorry to hear of your struggle. Was that the day when TRITE was the answer, and TRIBE, TRICE, TRIPE, and TRIKE among the other possibilities?

3 comments:

  1. =Tamar11:06 PM

    The heat has hit here [those aitches aren't really gasps for breath]. I don't have an outdoor thermometer but the official temp is 92-F [so maybe 32-C?] and far worse predicted for Sunday. I received an official email telling me where my local Cooling Sites are. Too bad the library one closes at 6 pm, but one unnamed address is open until 9 pm. I'm glad my a/c works.
    Maybe you could put some kind of marker on the pattern yarn- knit it together with a contrasting sewing thread --yellow, maybe-- and remove the sewing thread when done? finicky but it might work.

    Well done, you, to be doing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou12:02 AM

    You are correct, Jean. I so rarely choose well when it could be any letter that works! 97 degrees in Minnesota today. I did a bit of garden tending very early before it got too hot, and now I am happily inside with the AC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, i use your two words to start Wordle and i got it in 3 as well. I gave you credit when I bragged to my friends.

    ReplyDelete